Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Big Day....Thumbs Up


No more thumb-sucking!!!!!

Today was a fun day for the kids and I. We started out with a carmel macchiato and Bible Study (two of my favorite things) and then headed to chuckee cheese for lunch and celebration. Pretty adventurous for me to take all of the kids by myself, but I had promised Adeline if she went a week without sucking her thumb we would go wherever she wanted. So of course she chose there which was a huge bonus for Adam. They love that place! I am very proud of her and can hardly believe it happened. We used that stuff you paint on your nails and it really worked for us! She is sleeping great and really not missing too much now. After that we headed home for a nap (entirely too short) and then we went swimming in our pool for the first time. It has been so hot here. Adam has been taking swim lessons so I was curious to see how they would do. They of course loved it. I am going to be very spoiled by this pool in the backyard thing. I mean seriously!! So today was a good that ended with homemade chocolate chip cookies and singing and dancing to Taylor Swift.

I really stopped a lot today to let soak in how much the Lord has blessed me. In the midst of my overwhelming moments of how do moms and wives do all of this and stay sane. Or mostly just being content and complete in my relationship with Christ. Not seeking for approval from man. It has been a very hard lesson for me and one that I think I will be learning for awhile. I am in the midst of the Lord teaching me about His love, what it looks like, how it is fleshed out, how to receive it and so much more. Hard truths to grasp, but foundational to me and my life. So today we enjoyed so much of goodness!


How cute is she. Pose and all!! I love this outfit. Thank you Grandma



Miss A.Kate even enjoyed herself! 8 weeks today



I think he is so funny on this one!



I am pretty sure mr. funny man wasn't supposed to be up there.

They can swim by themselves! Mom can sit in the sun!


Look at the beautiful backyard. Such beautiful flowers blooming and you can see Adeline floating on her back :)

3 comments:

Kendra said...

fun fun... a pool in your backyard.....kohen is about to start swim lessons....and wow, you are brave taking 2 kiddos and a baby to chuck-e-cheese!!...i havent really attempted too many things with just the 2 of them and me yet:)

The Brown's said...

Stephanie, all I can say is that I hope to be a mom like you one day! I feel like you have all your priorities straight, that you are raising your kids in God's Word, and that you are just doing a terrific job.

P.S. I love your pool. I'm trying not to be jealous. =)

jana dingmore said...

I'm so happy for you! Your family is precious...I just wish we could see and know your sweet babies! Your pool is beautiful. So glad to get a glimpse of what God is doing in your life.
love and miss you guys!