While Adam, had his first haircut, Adeline when to the dentist for the first time. (She is wearing sunglasses because of the "bright light" she used to look at her teeth) She has been complaining of a tooth hurting and it is time for her to go anyways, so we went this morning. Dr. Martinez said her teeth look so good she doesn't have to come back for another year. However I should be flossing twice a day. Do people really do that? I mean, I don't mean to be rebellious and all, but I have never flossed and I have had like one cavity ever! Well, anyway, Adeline thought it looked fun so we will give it a try. (Maybe...shhh) Adeline was so well behaved. She answered all of the dentist's questions and laid very still. She really is such a sweet little girl. She shines in those situations. Adam....on the other hand, was running around making me look like a complete out of control mother!! The Lord's subtle reminders that I am not always in control :)
She even got x-rays. I really am so proud of her. She sat up there so still biting on that plastic thing. I am sure most three year olds wouldn't go for that. But Shane and I think Adeline really is 3 going on 13!!
5 comments:
so sweet! she is adorable and I know that dentist was so impressed with her! My sister always tells me it's very rare that both kids behave well at the same time . . . I was laughing when you said adam was out-of-control while Adeline did so well . . we gotta stay humble, right?? :)
Floss? I have a hard enough time getting my kids to brush! ha ha! My kids go to the dentist for the 1st time here soon and I'm scared what she's going to say. Maybe this will be the key to getting them to consistently brush and to do it right! ha ha ha!
Hahaha! Adam looks terrified of the haircut.
Abby has been to the dentist twice - no Xrays, though. She's not a fan. The dentist told us to start flossing - sometimes I think we're doing good to brush twice a day. We use the tool for flossing - the one that already has the floss on it, so I don't have to try to stick my hands in her mouth. But, I know what you mean, I feel ridiculous flossing a 2 year old's teeth!
Okay, really??? Flossing? Obviously not something we do for the kids at the Hewitt household. Adeline and Adam are soooo cute. We miss you guys! Maya randomly "called" Adeline on her play phone yesterday. She actually had a pretty lengthy conversation with her. :-)
Hope y'all are doing well!!!
um....i am supposed to floss their teeth as well. do i? no. oh me oh my!
Post a Comment