Wednesday, November 7, 2007

From the Inside Out



A thousand times I've failed
Still Your mercy remains And should I stumble again
I'm caught in Your grace
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself
In bringing You praise
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

In my heart and my soul
Lord I give You control
Consume me from the inside out
Lord let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love you from the inside out

Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart
Is to bring You praise
From the inside out
Lord my soul cries out




This has become a familiar song around here by Hillsong United. We sing it a lot at church and recently we got a CD with this song on it. It has really become the cry of our heart as a family, as a community, as a church. We were singing it last night in our house and it really has just resonated in every part of who I am. It has hit me that God is answering the cry of our heart. He is consuming is from the inside out. Literally showing us the depths of our sin on the inside and transforming us. Just thought I would share and encourage you to check it out!

3 comments:

Jeffie said...

Love this group!!! And this song! and love heaing your heart :) Miss you guys so much. Hope we can see you soon!!! Give our love to your sweet kiddos!!

April Williams said...

I love you and your family and miss you terribly! Thanks for always sharing your heart. I need to get back to doing this.

The Causey's said...

We love this song, we were singing it in the car on Sunday! We miss you guys and hope to see you all soon.