Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Big 2-8!!

I have officially lived on this earth for 28 years today. I was feeling pretty young until last night! We had another wonderful group of college and well, non college guys and gals over last night for our community group. I was talking with this girl for awhile, who was just adorable. When I told her how old I was, she said, "I wonder what I will be doing when I am 28, (and then here is the kicker) ten years from now?" What!?!?!? Ok, well I guess I am not getting any younger :) But I have to secretly tell you that I love getting older. I have always had people older than me in my life who I have looked up to and I love the wisdom and maturity that comes with each year. I guess I know with each year brings more perfection :) Sounds a little trite I know. But scripture tells me that he is working everything for my good to make me more into the image of Christ. Who is of course perfect. For all of you who know me, I have a long ways to go, I know. But I love the promise that He isn't finished with me. That there is still so much life to live in Christ, and that I believe with everything in me that life outside of Christ isn't life! You will never experience the fullness that this life can bring. So anyway, I am so thankful that I live in His grace everyday. Especially today, when I can truly say I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I have such great friends and a wonderful family. I am blessed, blessed and more blessed. So a big Happy Birthday to me. Thanks mom and dad for always making my birthdays unbelievably special and to a husband is trying so hard to keep the tradition going. (I just got a beautiful suprise flower delivery) I love you all!


BTW....These are some pics that I never posted from Valentine's Week. The kids had a blast wearing red all week, making valentine's for friends, eating at Mcdonald's when mom didn't feel good and didnt want to cook, storytime, making very cute and a little cheesy hats at Bible Study, and on the actual day Adeline made me a special heart key chain at her class and Adam got a heart sucker at the gym :) Then they made valentine cupcakes with some girls that came over while Shane and I snuck out for a movie and dinner... a very special treat for me!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look here

Jessica @ FiveInSix said...

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Stephanie......Happy Birthday to you! Hope you had a great one!

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Friend!

jana dingmore said...

Happy Birthday, Steph! I'm glad Shane's working to keep it special. I remember a funny from before yall were "officially dating" when he didn't know to make it special...and you had made his special for him...yikes! funny memories!
Yall have come a long way!
Happy Birthday!

April Williams said...

Happy Birthday to my dear friend. I must say, you may think you have a long way to go (we all do), but girl you have come a long way. You are definitely one of the most beautiful people I know. I cherish you so much...even if you are far away. I love you and glad you had a good birthday.