Monday, June 16, 2008

Daddy Day



Ok, so I just looked and I have had this blog a little over a year now and I went back and looked at Father's Day last year, and so sweet. I can't believe all that has happened in a year. This blog will truly be the best keepsake I have (since I am NOT a scrapbooker)!

Anyway, we had a great day yesterday enjoying Shane as just really the greatest dad. It started off with the best card that was HUGE and sang "You're an allstar, get your game on......" It talked about how we are his biggest fans. The card was simple but very profound in our hearts. Adeline, Adam and I are truly Shane's biggest fans. No one loves us, or takes care of us, or provides for us, or leads us like Shane. He points our family back to Christ daily! I really could spend all day telling you how special he is and how the kids at this point don't have the smallest idea how blessed they are to call Shane their dad. They just laugh and play, but I know that the Lord has given them a very special gift in him!

We had a busy day of church and eating and napping :) Then we ended the evening with Shane totally dominating, well of course I can't remember what's called, Rockstar??? or something on playstation 3 in best buy :) As you can tell the famiy is quite musically inclined! (by the way Shane will read this later and be embarrassed that I didn't know the name of the game :) We love you dad and hope you feel loved everyday!! ****I remembered later (without Shane's help) Guitar Hero is the name of it!!

3 comments:

jana dingmore said...

So sweet! What a great way to honor your man, Steph! It makes my heart swell to see what a special husband and daddy Shane is! I always knew he would be! You have such a sweet family!

jen armstrong said...

how fun! so glad y'all have enjoyed the last month. looks like san marcos is treating you well...yea!

MKP said...

Shane....you "Slash" wanna be, I bet you had Steph raising her cigarette lighter proudly in the air as you whaled on the guitar!!! Then, I'm pretty sure the Best Buy manager escorted you guys out pleading for you all to NEVER come back.
I'm proud of you too Steph, it takes a lot of courage to lift that lighter high as your man jams to Aerosmith AND to remember the name of the game...WELL DONE you two!!!