Monday, November 3, 2008

John Piper Article

"So it is with voting. We deal with the system. We deal with the news. We deal with the candidates. We deal with the issues. But we deal with it all as if not dealing with it. It does not have our fullest attention. It is not the great thing in our lives. Christ is. And Christ will be ruling over his people with perfect supremacy no matter who is elected and no matter what government stands or falls. So we vote as though not voting."

Thought this article by John Piper was good and of course I have no idea how to do the fancy add it and you can click on it so hopefully you can get to it. I thought this excerpt would capture your attention and make you want to read the rest.

This whole candidacy and voting is actually a little overwhelming to me and I feel not quite as intelligent as I would like to be, but throughout it I have really felt that my stand is not to push a candidate, but to push Christ and truth. I mean reality is neither one is really doing that,right? Instead of being a die hard on certain issues, I should be a die hard for making Christ first and foremost. What a great opportunity this is to show people the peace we have in knowing that Christ is in complete control. We believe that, right? I also continually to be reminded that Christ is drawing us to such a sweet time of fellowship with him as we pray for His ultimate reign. We get to be a part of this crazy world and all of its chaos and live in indescribable peace. Oh, that we will live there today and tomorrow and everyday!!
http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/TasteAndSee/ByDate/2008/3347_Let_Christians_Vote_As_Though_They_Were_Not_Voting/

1 comment:

The Lancasters said...

Hey Steph! Great to see updates on here about you guys!