Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A little deep thinking at a monumental time :)


Adam when we brought him home from the hospital...I mean seriously so little!

Obviously a little bigger but Adeline at 20 months...I didn't have a baby pic on this computer :)

So a little update. I have become addicted to facebook because it is just so darn easy. However, I really need to write some stuff down so I will have this to look back on.

Tomorrow is possibly the big day our littlest girl will be born. I am scheduled to be induced merely for convenience (family 6 hours away, two toddlers to get situated, my friend there to be my nurse, etc.) So if they have a room for me, tomorrow she will come. I have the room ready, bags packed, kids outfits laid out, house clean, laundry done and today I wait :) Family is coming and some are here. It all of course seems pretty surreal. At this point I don't "plan" on getting pregnant again, so of course it has forced me to reflect on the past few years and just where life has come. Blessed, is a word I use to often to describe a life that has been filled with so much joy.

It is interesting how that word is used by many and can mean sooo many different things. Two healthy babies with amazing deliveries-blessed. Three pregnancies filled with many "dark" days-blessed. Marriage to a husband for 6 years that brings tears to my eyes as I process it all- blessed. Hardships and struggles- blessed. Family and friends that have walked through every season-blessed. A God that has patiently taken me and molded me and comforted me and taught me and shepherded me and loved me unconditionally- true blessing. No matter good or bad if I can truly say blessed at EVERY triumph and EVERY trial then I know I am abiding in Him. Truly living under his wisdom and counsel. Have I arrived, no. Am I work in progress, yes. The days of walking as a believer can be overwhelming. Since I am truly a task oriented person, the to-do's of being a believer can truly be too much at times. But even today I can feel the Lord instilling simple yet deep truths in my heart to continue to take each step at a time as he promises to be a "light unto my path." I want those to be deep truths that penetrate every part of me that my three children will be able to see and ultimately see HIM. Not to see my exhaustion or busyness or everyday frustrations and disappointments. But my hope in the one who loves me so deeply. Well, I have written more than I knew I was feeling :) But know that I am overwhelmed today with blessing of a new little creation kicking me today and one that I will be holding tomorrow. Today in this season my blessing from HIM!

4 comments:

Rusty and Jennifer said...

You as my friend- blessed. :)
I can hardly wait for tomorrow!! Thanks for letting me be apart of this special day!

Shan said...

oh my gosh when I saw that photo I thought you had her! Can't wait to see pics!! Hope everything goes well!!

Jen said...

Gosh! You forget how small they are! Adam was so tiny! Hope all is well Can't wait to hear some good news soon!

Mom of Three Elkins' said...

I can't believe its already time!!! Just think- the morning sickness will all be over and you will have a precious child. I'll be praying for you guys tomorrow. I know Adam will be so ready to hold her and Adeline will feel so special to be the big sister again.