Thursday, March 26, 2009

30, 29, 4 1/2, 2 3/4, and one month



Well miss Audrie Kate was one month old yesterday! Seriously the last month of pregnancy is like and eternity and their first month they are here feels like a second of time has passed! She is so sweet and getting so big. Well big in comparison to her birth weight. I can see the infamous Smith kid double chin coming in and she is getting longer in my arms. We are getting a hint of a smile occasionally when you talk to her and she really has such a sweet face. She hates her carseat like her big sister did. Once she falls asleep you never hear from her but if she wakes up, watch out. The newborn cry is in full swing :) The kids continue to love on her constantly.


This one picture was taken the other morning. They were all up there together on their own. I really hope they stay best of friends :) And hopefully Adam will remember to hold her a little better :)

Adeline is 4 1/2 and acts aroud 16 most of the time. She continues to do well with her gymnastics. She loves it and has another meet in a couple of weeks. She has just about mastered all of her letters and can tell you what just about any word starts with. We still haven't done the preschool thing yet but I feel pretty confident she is doing really well. We go to church or a bible study 3-4 times a week (a little over committed I know) and she is learning so much scripture and loves to teach her babies :) She is also a huge taylor swift fan. She knows every song on her CD! I have been going to a mom to mom bible study. It has been fantastic and really stretching me as a mom. Just reminding me of my purpose as a mom. At age 4 I am just convinced that my role as her mom is to work on her sweet heart and character. I know the education will come as she will be in school for the rest of her life :) but I know that these first few years are so short and I am really trying to stay focused. A mom made a statement that our kids learn what we teach them. Simple yet but so profound. For example, if I am constantly stressed about keeping the house clean or griping about cooking dinner, I am teaching her that making our house a home is a burden not a blessing and a gift. A good example would be when I was in the Starbucks line today, Adam yelled "move out of our way car!" Hmmmm maybe learning that it is always everyone elses fault that we are late to EVERYTHING!! Ok so I am as much a work in progress as they are :)

Adam is so much fun. He really is hilarious. He loves everything. I mean he gets excited over the smallest things. A new soccer shirt, watching a cartoon, getting to go outside, chuckee cheese, you name it and he loves it. Ok except church clothes. Any button up or colored shirt or khaki pants or shorts. When I show him what he is wearing he breaks down. He loves orange juice, swinging (he runs and flys on his stomach), he does front rolls all of the time and loves to play with his daddy. His giggle is contagious. He is also learning so much Truth at Bible Study. He knows by heart so many stories and verses. You just don't realize how much he retains. He also loves taylor swift :) and pretty much anything his big sis does. He finally can tell you the colors and can recognize a lot of letters himself. I really think he will be our passionate one as he talks so loud all of the time and really feels every word! He is pretty devestated about Jesus dying on the cross. He wants to read that story every night and gets this sad face and says Jesus is hurt. But soon gets excited when you remind him (every night) that Jesus is alive! That we will one day see him when we are in heaven. And that he allowed himself to be hurt because He loves him so much. What a precious time this is with him and I pray every night that this truth dwells deep in his little heart.

Shane and I are staying really busy with friends! Yes we finally have friends that live here to hang out with!!! Wahoo. I mean we went out 5 times last week! Seriously I had a girls night for the first time in like 7 months! This might sound silly to most of you, but this has been a long journey for me. We have moved a lot and it seems like I have so many dear friends but I can't seem to live in the same city as them! So I am feeling like the Lord is blessing us with yet again some amazing people. He is so faithful. Our church is entering into several weeks of focusing on prayer and I really feel like the Lord is going to take Shane and I to a new level with Him. I am anxiously awaiting what it will look like and praying that We see Him through it. Ok, so a little update on the Smith's today (I really just meant to post pics). It is good for me to write down where we are in life and where the Lord has blessed us and now I must go clean as 2 babies are sleeping and the other is watching a movie. Silence.

No comments: