
I walked into my house after watching an amazing session with Beth Moore (Daniel Study) and I instantly felt depressed. The boxes, the chaos, and my husband looking on Realtor.com are getting to be a little too familiar and flat out depressing. Where is our new home? Why does it take 3 years to build a home and a month to take it all down? Why am I so sad to leave this place? I have been telling Adeline that home is Dad, Mom, Adeline and Adam and wherever we are, that is where home is! Unfortunately, I think she is picking up on the fact that I don't believe myself. I want to feel it, but I am stuck. I want change, but when it happens I panic. A couple of thoughts have come to mind. First, is the definition of the word that I have had memorized since high school (thank you Mary). It is the word entrust. It means "To transfer responsibility of something valuable to a place of safekeeping" When you really entrust something to God, along comes safety, reliance, security and rest. Opposites are fear, doubt, anxiety and mistrust. Entrust your way to the Lord, trust also, in Him, and He will do it (Psalm 37:5 NASB) They use the example of a bank. If I won a million dollars today and I was going out of town tomorrow, would I deposit it in the bank or allow my friend to keep it for me? If that bank burns down, I am going to get my money. The bank is a sure thing. I entrust that I will be able to get my money whenever I want. You leave town and never think twice about it! That is a secure and safe feeling. I say that to say that that is a quick wake up call to remind me that I am not entrusting. The thing I hold on so tightly, my family-my home, I'm not entrusting. My family and home are safe in His hands. Oh, that I feel that security and rest. This is another time of knowing in my head truth, but being taught the difference in walking in the truth rather than just "knowing". How blessed I am to have this season to let go and feel His presence!!!
3 comments:
you are one smart young lady and I wish I had half your strength!!
love ya-mom
I feel depressed now. Could you not write things like this...it's like I'm moving all over again and we haven't lived by each other in six months!! We are praying hard for you guys!! LOVE YOU!!
I feel depressed now. Could you not write things like this...it's like I'm moving all over again and we haven't lived by each other in six months!! We are praying hard for you guys!! LOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment