Thursday, May 17, 2007

Getting Started


Well, I have been thinking about starting "a blog" (is that the right lingo?) and I have finally decided to do it! I feel like there is so much going on in life, that I would love to just write it down. I also want to be able to keep up with everyone elses blog, and I know this is a great way to do it! So here goes......
We are currently in the process of finding a new home. We sold ours a few weeks ago and we close on June 13th. We are having a garage sale this week and then packing our first home up. I actually have tears thinking about it. Our little home in Providence Village is all our kids have ever known. Adeline knows all of the neighbors, dogs and cats by name. Lily, Katie, Shelby, Maitland, Sadie, Rosco and Lola to name a few. We are trying to prepare her for the change, but I'm not sure how much she grasps yet. Every night we pray over her sweet heart that God will prepare her for the major change in her life. Reality is that I am praying for myself just as much. Our closest friends live her. The comfort of this place has really hit home. How is it that it takes it all changing, for you to see the depths of the blessing? If anything I have learned from Adeline, it is that she mimics everything about me. From the way I flip my hair, to the shoes I wear, and especially my attitude. Let's face it, she is me! And let me tell you, at times it is more than I can bear. Do you ever have those times in life, that you are just flat out overwhelmed with the depths of your issues?!?!? So, anyway, I say that to say I am working on my attitude to help Adeline and Adam adjust. We will keep you up to date on the process and let you know when we find our next home sweet home! We look forward to staying in touch with all of you!

1 comment:

Chilton Family said...

I can't wait for ya'll to move in with us while you are looking for your new home in Flower Mound! We are going to have so much fun and Corban is already sooo excited! It will make the move so much less sad! :) Don't cry...just think upon these things!!