
I am in the midst of an amazing getaway, but had to take a few minutes and tell you to pick this book up today! I just finished the last page. It's a true story of unbelievable pain and suffering, of amazing grace, of unconditional love, of God's sovereign plan for his children and ultimately of his glory. I laughed and cried and literally couldn't put it down. It is an easy read and the pages are full of truth. It has challenged me to stop looking for the loveable to love, but open my eyes. To let God open my eyes to see people the way he sees people. That my judgements would disappear. That I would truly love people, love them unconditionally and with pure eyes. I really can't say enough about this book. The glory of God is on every page!!!
4 comments:
steph, just had to tell you. i read that book this summer and wept like a baby. it's amazing--i totally agree with you!!!
I started the book this summer at Mary's, and never got back to it. It just came in the mail yesterday...it's my plan for the weekend (around basketball and the superbowl of course...so I'll probably be up all night!
jana
I read that a few months ago....too good....then we helped with a fundraiser at a friends marriage retreat center that Ron and Denver spoke at.....they are so precious!!!!
Did you bawl your eyes out??? You know me. I mean I might tear up at a book, but this one...sobs...FULL SOBS OUT LOUD!! It was humiliating. Such a good book. I got to go hear Denver and Ron speak. As soon as Denver walked out on the same I started bawling again and he hadn't even said a word yet! HA!! I have another good book for you. The Shack, by William P. Young. So good.
Post a Comment