Sunday, March 23, 2008

God is Near!!

Song of Hope- Robbie Seay Band

All things bright and beautiful you are
All things wise and wonderful you are
In my darkest night you brighten up the skies
A song will rise

I will sing a song of hope sing along
God of Heaven come down, Heaven come down
Just to know that you are near is enough
God of Heaven come down, Heaven come down

All things new, I can start again
Creator God, calling me your friend
Sing praise my soul to the maker of the skies
A song will rise

I will sing a song of hope sing along
God of Heaven come down, Heaven come down
Just to know that you are near is enough
God of Heaven come down, Heaven come down

Oh sing a song of hope, sing along
God of Heaven come down, Heaven come down
Just to know you and be loved is enough
God of Heaven come down, Heaven come down

Halle-lujah sing
Halle-lujah sing
Halle-lujah sing

(I will) sing a song of hope sing along
God of Heaven come down, Heaven come down
Just to know that you are near is enough
God of Heaven come down, Heaven come down

Oh sing a song of hope, sing along
God of Heaven come down, Heaven come down
Just to know you and be loved is enough
God of Heaven come down, Heaven come down



We sang a new song today on Easter Sunday and a few verses really stood out to me. "Just to know that you are near is enough" Really, can I sing that? I mean can I sing it and mean it.

There was at least 1500 people in the one out of 4 services today, and it was so powerful to be in that room and worship Christ on the day we celebrate His resurrection. The pure joy I felt singing and realizing that Heaven was extra loud today with praise. I got chills realizing the power in this truth. I can truly sing with all of my heart knowing that He is risen, He is alive today. I just praised him for allowing me to feel the depth of this truth to know it in my soul. He is good. And He is might to save! It was one of the best Easter Sundays I have had personally. Just living in today and looking at everything through the eyes of heaven. So today knowing that He is near is enough. I pray that I will be able to sing this through any trial, any blessing!







Today was truly living a day of blessing. The kids looked dashing in their Easter outfits. Adam in his tie was really too much, and Adeline was as beautiful as ever. We ate lunch with friends after church, took naps, painted eggs, hid and hunted eggs, and had an italian dinner (spaghetti) with Uncle Michael and more friends. We definitely missed our nana, g-daddy, pawpaw and grandma, but we know we will see them soon! Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Laugh Along With Me said...

Okay, that dress is precious...I always say everyone should have a girl to dress. I'm still waiting for mine. But the boy in the tie...oh my goodness, he's so stinkin' cute!

April Williams said...

oh my cuteness with the tie. can i just eat him up? and the beautiful adeline. so stinkin' cute! i miss them.

Megan Kemp said...

So cute all dressed up for Easter! And I love your Easter revelation and grateful heart. Hugs to you guys.

Jen said...

Cute Easter pics! They are both getting so big! Hopefully we can make a trip to visit this summer!