Thursday, July 24, 2008

Eight!!!???!!!

Ok, so I have no pictures and barely any words! I have been on an emotional roller coaster the past couple of weeks. (Is that it?? It has seemed like months!!) It is mostly good news to share attached with a small amount of struggle. TA TA TA DA......We're pregnant. We saw a heartbeat today on our little 1 cm. baby and all looks well. Adeline is beside herself excited. Unfortantely for her and me, we have to wait until March!! Oh my a really long time away!! The struggle attached with this is nausea and vomiting. More than you want to know I am sure, but here I am in all of its pregnancy glory! I am again at that crossroads of believing what I preach that this is where I am today and where God chooses me to be! Trusting him with this child, with my health, with my husband, and with my kids! Really hard when I feel compelled to do none of my wifely and mom duties. But he has me here and I have to quit wishing it away and be here because that is where He is. In the today with me. I beg many nights that he would take this nausea away but gently I feel Him telling me to let go and just be. I am overwhelmed with joy thinking that we will have another beautiful baby here to love on and watch grow in front of us in our home and trying to stay focused on that, but ultimately being here today! A lot harder to live out when life isn't just a piece of cake! We are so excited and feel so very blessed! Pictures to follow :)

Oh by the way, I will be 8 weeks on Saturday :)

11 comments:

Shan said...

Steph! That is so exciting!! I remember you getting so sick! I get sick but I know not as sick as you do! Have you tried Zofran?? I threw up all day everyday until about 18 weeks :( and still have my days that I Just can't seem to keep anything down, even at 30 weeks! I will be praying for you because I know yours is much worse than mine and I didn't think it could get worse in the midst of it! CONGRATS!!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Congrats!
Though I wasn't around for both of them, I remember what a terrible time that you had with your first! I will be praying for relief this time!
Congratulations! What a huge blessing!

Mandy said...

Congratulations! Such a precious reason to vomit (if there is one...lol!)

Love you!

Mandy

mom said...

We couldn't be happier or feel more blessed!! We love you #1 daughter!!!
Mom and Dad

Megan Kemp said...

yeah!!!!! i am so happy for you guys. congrats congrats congrats. and i am so sorry that you are so sicky...i wish i was there to come get your babes and give you a little break. you are in my prayers sweet little momma!

Jen said...

Yeah! Congrats! That is so exciting - I can't believe you'll be a family of 5! Maybe he/she and Maddie will share a birthday - 3/16!

jen armstrong said...

woo hoo! way to go smiths!
hang in there sister...hopefully weeks 13 and beyond will bring rest. they're a' comin' sooner than later!

The Brown's said...

What happy news! I am so happy to hear about the baby! I'm sorry you don't feel well, but the positive part is that there is a precious baby being molded and formed in you right now. He or she is definitely worth the yuckiness!

Marc, Carlye, Georgia and Sarah Jane said...

Girl, I remember how you felt with Adaline. I'll pray for you. I am so excited that you, me and now Kendra get to have little ones together and we can all "kind of look pregnant" together at the reunion. At least I plan on only looking "kind of", we'll see what my body does. Congratulations! - c

James & Jennifer said...

Congrats Steph! I'm sad that I won't get to see you pregnant like I did with the other 2. I hope you get to feeling better soon!! Miss you!!

Jessica @ FiveInSix said...

So excited for y'all! I know Adeline will be the best big sister! Crazy to think that Adam will be a big brother, huh? :-) Miss you!