




School, that is it, the new normal. I mean come on people, 5 days a week all day is too much!!! I am adjusting slowly, but Adeline is doing great. I am continuing to learn that Adeline is pretty serious for the most part. Nothing gets her too excited. However, by the way she talks, she is really liking school (maybe not love) but doesn't say she doesn't want to go. She gets up and gets her clothes on before she even comes out of her room. She is really is such a good girl. I am reading the best book about public school. Going Public by David and Kelly Pritchard. Seriously a must read for all of you who have kids in public school!!! Anyway it is giving me such peace and a purpose behind sending our little girl to school. I mean it is so hard to let go of the control for those hours, but I know the Lord has her there and has so much for her in this journey called school! Now the other one learning to process this is little brother Adam. He thinks it is totally unfair that he doesn't go to school too!! So, he is going to "school" on Tuesdays. It is just MDO since we will be holding him back too, but he is pretty sure it is his own kindergarten! This morning when I dropped him off, he said "I can't believe it is time for me to go to school!" He is as passionate as Adeline isn't!! Sweet boy that told me he would look his teachers in the eye all day when talking to them and would eat all of his lunch. I mean you have to love this kid!! The pics of little miss on the bottom is pretty much what my Tuesdays will look like! Just me and her. The house is super quiet! Ok, maybe not, I mean she is usually laying on the floor screaming about something! Most Tuesdays will be errand running day and lunch with friends, but today I am sitting down, putting her down for an early nap and just reflecting on where I am now. In a different trusting season with the Lord, in a less overwhelming day, and just truly sitting in His grace waiting on this crazy fall season to continue. Soccer, bible study, small groups, book club, I mean come on I love to over commit in the fall!! My husband loves it ;) Another summer behind us and I am very excited about this new "school year", my new "normal"
No comments:
Post a Comment