Monday, June 25, 2007
Headed South
Well, Shane got his much deserved promotion and we are moving to the San Antonio/Austin area in a couple of weeks. It has been a crazy few weeks for our family, but nothing short of living under the divine sovereignty of the Lord's hand. He sold our house in two weeks, let all of our contracts fall short on houses in Mckinney, gave us wonderful friends to live with, and prepared our hearts in ways I can't even begin to explain for this overwhelming move. I can honestly say I have never been in a situation like this with so many emotions. (All of them, I think) He is so faithful and we are continuing to trust him for our home down there, church and ultimately another set of great friends. It is a lot to ask considering our friends here are truly the best. I will have a lot to say about them along with a lot of pictures to share. We have been blessed more than I am sure I even can grasp. Loved beyond any comprehension. We were singing a song yesterday in church and the wonderful words "washed by his blood" and I began thinking that God has given us friends who love us like we are clean and pure and without sin. They forgive us, love us and encourage us daily. Our lives have been touched in ways that will truly last a lifetime. We will begin looking for our home for the next couple of weeks and hopefully make the move soon. Keep us in your prayers as this will be a long journey for the Smith's!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh steph, what a journey! and what a blessing for all those that have walked with you in the last few months. you're family is adored and just like chris asked last night when I told him how sad i was you were leaving: "don't you want them to go shine their light on others too?" Go shine His beautiful Light and know He will take care of all the details to follow. We love you all soooo big!!!
Congrats on the promotion! I am so excited for you! We plan on heading to San Antonio for Spring Break... maybe we'll see you there! Miss you guys tons! Oh and of all the people to allow to move into your house... you had to let Longhorn fans in! lol... James wants to hang an Aggie flag from the kids' playhouse! lol...
Congrats on the promotion!! We are so excited to see what God will do in your lives in the near future. Good thing we're all blogging now, huh? You have a beautiful family that we just admire and cherish more than you will ever know. You will be so missed, but I know that we will always be close. Love you so much.
Post a Comment