Wednesday, June 6, 2007



Well, after the first day with two "test submerges"-basically a dunk and a second day screaming in protest, we finally had our third day of fun at swim lessons!! At one point she turned around and said "I'm doing so good!" ha ha, yes you are doing so good, honey. Her fears are melting away with each new adventure we take. Ok, so it is mostly my fears placed on to her, but we are both growing and maturing. One day at a time.
In my times of study I am diving into eschatology- the study of end times. At first I was a little hesitant, but once again scripture is coming alive!! It is so fresh and deep and inviting. Just like swimming. The fears of diving into the unknown can be overwhelming. At times I scream in protest. But when I just take the plunge and jump in, I find life and joy and understanding. He is so faithful and just. He is the Ancient of Days! He is the judge. He is the I am. Oh, how I live my life in fear, not in the overwhelming reassurance of His sovereign hand. These used to be words I would hear and write, but they are continuing to become truth in the depths of my soul. I am learning how much I think, "I am, and there is none like me" The Babylonian mentality (most of you Beth Moore junkies will understand that one) Adeline and I are continuing to learn that He is the I am. There is so much more rest and peace in grasping the reality of those two simple words. Oh that we can portray this to the world!!!! The Ancient of Days is I am!!!!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

AMEN, Sister!!

I am so thankful that today was a good day! She is so precious, and seeing her mom involved in scripture and facing your fears the way you are is HUGE!! She is becoming quite the little lady, and I believe it is because she has a blessed lady for a mother. As far as the escotology study we are in, I felt and feel the same way about it. I am so thankful that we can weed through the study together! I am here if you want to discuss!

Yea, summer!! Love the pictures, too!

Megan Kemp said...

Yeah for day 3!!! And for facing your fears. Around the Kemp house we force ourselves often to quote 2 Tim. 1:7 "God did not give us a Spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind!" Patrick is actually the enforcer of this and reminds all of us whether we fear the nursery, the dark, little boys adventuresome behavior or the unknown to let the Holy Spirit reign rather than a spirit of fear.
You are great, Steph. I am thankful for you...and love the swimming pics.

Melanie said...

Hey! So glad that swimming is going better! She looks like she is having a great time. Facing our fears....talk about a life - long challenge! Enjoy the Daniel study. I loved it! Talk to you soon!