It has been about a five day event, but Adeline's official birthday was today. It started last Thursday when we drove down to Dallas. It started out a little rough with a four hour drive and 3 year old shots, but ended well playing with her friend Luke and then over to the Jones' house for a yummy steak dinner. Oh how we love our Ross, Leah and Emma. The kids had so much fun playing and then they had a fun little bath in the "big bath" and off to bed to get ready for the big party the next day.
Friday morning was spent playing with some of our bestest friends April and Cole and Ella. You will have to go to April's blog to see all of the pictures. I apparently NEVER have my camera, and she ALWAYS does. It was so fun to watch Adeline play with Cole. She hasn't had a close friend since we left. You can just see her light up. We took naps then put on our party clothes. She had a little party at the little gym. Way fun by the way. Miss independent Adeline never even looked for me. She had more friends to play with than she knew what to do with!! Thank you friends for coming!
Saturday we went to the wiggles concert with April, Bryan, Cole and Reid. What a blast. Adeline seriously never stopped dancing and singing. She didn't even sit in her 40$ chair!! It was well worth the money to see her so happy. She woke up from her nap later that day and the first thing she said was I want to go back to the Wiggle concert! We love her so much! She was really sad to see her friends drive off...ok so was I!! But we made it back and went to our new church on Sunday and she came home that day singing "this little light of mine" and playing "church" all afternoon with her babies. She took pics of her dad and uncle michael putting up her swingset yesterday. A little sweat and frustration, but 4 hours later we had our first swingset. Dinner and a thank you from his niece was all I had to offer uncle michael, but I think it was enough to see Adeline's excitement!! This was a present from her Nana and G-daddy!!
Today was Adeline's official birthday and the last of the five day party!! It started with opening all of her presents from her friends and blowing out a candle in her waffles!
Her special day was spent playing with all of her new toys and dancing to songs with her closest friend....her brother. They played and laughed all morning. Swinging, play-doh (adam had a few bites I think) more swinging, riding their car, playing church, dancing and of course watching wiggles videos. The day ended with a trip to the sno-cone place. oops- closed, so she said lets just go to sonic. She split a cherry slush with her brother. They took baths and off to bed.
Adeline Claire is so very special to us. Who would have thought what only three years can bring. A major life change and lets face it Shane and I are maturing every day. She has taught us so much about the grace and blessings of God. She has taught us to walk the walk not just talk the talk. Can't even come close to faking it with a three year old. Amen? She has such a sweet spirit. A complete mercy heart. She can't stand for others to be sad. She loves so deeply. I love her giggle, I love her deep brown eyes, I love her confident walk when she feels pretty, I love that she loves make-up, I love that she loves her daddy, I love that she can't wait for Adam to wake up (about 2 hours after her!) I love to hear her sing praise songs, I love to hear her pray, I love to hear her ask Why...ok maybe I'm stretching a little on that one!!!! I love the most that the Lord is letting me raise this special child. That he has entrusted me with her spirit and her heart. That he would choose to teach me through her daily!! Thank you Lord for my sweet girl. We have been so blessed these past three years. I pray for many more!!! Love you Adeline!!!!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday, sweet girl! You are blessed with a very special mommy and daddy, but I'm sure you know that!
Steph, I'm glad you got to go back for a visit and to play with her little friends. It is such a blessing to watch your children grow and develop friendships. I'm sure Adeline will have healthy, godly friendships because you have set an example for her in your relationships. I'm so proud of your family! I want to hear about your new church!
your friend on the journey,
jana
Oh, one more thing...Shane, Jerry said he sure was sad to have missed out on putting that swing set together with you after all of the fun (grin) projects you helped him with! Looks like you and Michael had it under control!
What a sweet word to Adeline . . . so very true! I love her so much and know God has very special plans for her life. What a gift she is to all who know her!
I'm so glad she liked her little outfit on the top pic . . .it seemed so "Adeline" to me :) The fun of dressing a girl!!! love you and great to see you!
I'm so sorry we missed the birthday party! We love you guys and miss you like crazy. Not like stalk you crazy, though. Good, wholesome crazy. Who doesn't want that?!? :)
AMEN on the faking part with kids. They do teach us to walk our talk. I love this sweet girl. My boys pray for their Adeline every single night. They love her so much too. I'm so glad that we got to share in her 3rd birthday. Give her a big hug from me.
Post a Comment