Sunday, August 12, 2007
In need of a post
ok, non-posters. I was getting a little irritated scrolling through blogs, to find that noone is posting, then I took a look in the mirror (or my own blog) and realized I haven't taken the time either. I admit I am a taker not a giver. I am learning that all to well in this stage of life. I want to glean and take from everyone else, but I would rather just not give of myself. Do I hear an Amen? Sundays have turned into the days where I kind of sulk around and feel sorry for myself. It is the day where I used to feel the most connected and it has turned into the day where I feel the least. I am reading and studying on the relationship between Jesus and John and studying connecting. Connecting really is a foundational issue in a life of Christ-follower. That's what Jesus did. He connected with people. He didn't have unattainable expectations or a checklist that people had to meet. He just connected with who he was with, when he was with them. I catch myself always looking for the next best person to connect with. You know what that is. Avoidance! I am avoiding to connect with the people standing in front of me. When I didn't have a husband....he is all I wanted to connect with. When I didn't have kids.....they were all I wanted to connect with. Now that I have a husband and two kids.....all I want to connect with is a friend. Ok, so a little backwards, I know. My ministry in life is Shane, Adeline and Adam. Lord, please teach me how to connect with them. Deep connections that will lead me only to you. Today they are who you have in front of me. Keep me content here, not always looking for someone or something else. They are so much more than enough. Ok so a little bit of rambling. But as I write it only reminds me of how blessed I am to be called his child. Life will never be boring! Life will continue to teach me deep truths. I pray that I never miss them. Connect, my friends, connect :) Check out the book I just read...really good
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very insightful - it's always nice to be able to step away from whatever situation we are in and discern what God is trying to teach us. I will try and post soon to help fulfill your need, but in the meantime, I will be praying for you to connect. :)
Love-Jen
Post a Comment