Sunday, May 4, 2008

Shalom



We had our women's retreat this weekend at Camp Tejas in the big Giddings, Texas. I am not sure how many women, but I am sure close to 300, went there for couple of days and got a glimpse of who we could be as women who truly rested in the Lord. We learned through several teachers and testimonies that true peace can only be found when we learn how to rest. I feel like I have a lot to process over the next few days and weeks!! Something that really left an impact was just that it should include a day of rest (sabbath) and also it should be a state of my heart. To really rest at the feet of my savior. It just really hit home (or my heart) that we as women have so many lists that we are stressed and overwhelmed. My days are feeled with to dos and missing that I can't do it! It is the Holy Spirit who is my helper. He never asked me to take on all that I take on. I really have to let go and make Him first everyday.

So,I feel like the Lord is taking me to Psalms for awhile. I want these prayers to be my prayers. I am sure a lot of my blogging will be there for awile :) I have a million things I could blog that the Lord is taking me through, but today I am focusing on resting my heart because only there will I find the peace I need to get through the days!!!

BTW.....the pics our of my great friends, Lis and Amanda. Truly love these girls and could not do life without them!

2 comments:

Megan Kemp said...

Sounds like a peaceful weekend. Such great things you are learning. Love love.

James & Jennifer said...

I went to Camp Tejas the summer before my 8th grade year! We had a blast there! I'm sure it was a little different experience for you though... lol.